Saturday, January 13, 2007

Look at Those Hams!



Hello all! It has been a fairly busy week for us. We have been running around trying to get the house in order. Yes, I know it should probably be done by now, but we are pretty slow moving. We only get a couple of things accomplished each day since we have to time certain tasks to Ellie and Owen's nap times. Once they are napping we do a mad dash to get something done.
Our biggest project this week was the garage. We managed to put everything that needed to go in the attic, in the attic (btw, it is great having an attic to store the crap). We also took pictures of the stuff we wanted to sell on Craig's list and we have some people coming to pick the stuff up sometime this week. It'll be really wonderful to be rid of that stuff, finally be able to put both cars in the garage and make a little cash while doing it.
The kids are doing really great. Elise has been introduced to her potty. We aren't going to be crazy intense about it since she is still a little young and we aren't real sure if she grasps the concept yet. I think right now she just thinks the potty is the new place to read books. But, we try to put her on it everyday for a little while and perhaps once a week I will be more vigorous about my efforts and see if that works.
Ellie and Owen have been particularly cute together lately. She loves giving him loads of kisses and rubs his head and points out all his body parts (i.e. nose, ears, hair, toes, knees, elbows, fingers, etc.). She is really cute talking to him and tries to get him to smile all the time. She usually gets one from him too! She has been a great helper with Owen. Ellie is pretty good at fetching me a burp cloth when needed and can usually find me a pacifier when I can't even find one. Her most favorite helping with is changing Owen's diaper. She even comments "EW!". I agree. Mostly she just rubs his head and tries to talk to him because he usually is crying while being changed.
Owen is such a sweetheart!!! He really is a great baby. He is waking up at midnight and 3 every night which isn't bad at all. He still is stuffed up most the time when he sleeps so he often wakes himself up and that is a little frustrating. I think that he would only wake up once at night if he had some kind of allergy medicine. I am waiting until his doctor's appointment to ask about that. Also, both kids have eczema so we need to get some medicine for that.
Just yesterday we put Owen in the exersaucer. He LOVED it! I think because it supported his butt and all around him so it was almost like he was being held. I can't believe my 7 1/2 week old baby is already using an exersaucer! His feet already touch the ground and everything. He holds up his head really well too! And will you look at those hams!!! He really does have the longest arms and legs. When he sleeps on you he almost can wrap his arms fully around you. Isn't he cute? You should see him smile, he lights up the world! He is also a little wriggly thing. I imagine he will end up being like his cousin, Kyra and just be GO GO GO!
Other happenings: The kids play room has been getting quite filled up. We brought out other baby things like the exersaucer and the jumper and such since Owen is so close to using all of it. Plus we bought Ellie her kitchen and with her car, shopping cart and horse it looks like our children might be a little spoiled... not OUR children!!

I sold all the clothes that Owen didn't even fit into when he was born. It was hard because they were all really really cute, quality clothes, but since I bought them so cheaply, I was able to sell them on ebay for a decent profit. We have been scavenging around to find the junk we don't use or want and trying to sell it. One, because we could use the money and two, because we could use the room and less clutter!
Daniel went back to school on Thursday for half a day to get things in order for next week. I suppose they are in order because he didn't go back on Friday. I think he is anxious to get back. He needs that schedule and so do I. Plus, he gets a little restless and starts driving me nuts. It has been nice having him around for setting up the house and for double teaming with the kids. He also mowed the lawn for the first time this past week.

Isn't this last picture hilarious? Owen is like, "Save me Mom!".
Our diet has been going pretty well I suppose. Basically we are hungry because we have to train our bodies to eat smaller portions. We have stopped soda and sweets--- still working on bread... don't think I can give it up, but we can move to eating more whole wheat. I just got a bread machine so I still want to use it so I will make whole wheat bread. We have also been walking around the neighborhood. Ellie and Owen like the stroller so they are pretty good on the walks. Plus, we have a good neighborhood for walking/jogging. So, hopefully we shed some weight. I am sure we will. Mostly we need to just go out and do more stuff. It is hard with two kids but we have been living like hermits so we should be able to improve the situation somewhat.

1 comment:

Carolee said...

You sure made me some cute grandkids! I can't believe Owen in that exersaucer-- I just saw him a week and a half ago, and he looks like a totally different baby! They grow up too fast! But I'm sure glad he's a good baby for you.