Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Off the Charts!

Our little Owen is growing so fast! This first picture is of Owen and his favorite person in the world!!! Really, Owen will smile at anyone or anything. We have this blow up lion that has a smile on its face. When I need to get something done, I can always put it in front of Owen and he will just giggle at it for awhile.
We went to Owen's 4 month appointment today. He weighed in at a whopping 18lbs 11oz. This is over a pound weight gain from a week and a half ago when I took him to the doctors. I thought he was slowing down, but from the growth chart he is still growing at the same rapid pace. Owen got shots as well. He was smiling at the nurse until she started in with the shots. However, even though he was hurting and crying after the shots, he still gave her a big ol' Owen smile. Such a sweetheart!

Elise has still been having a bit of a cold. Last night was pretty rough for me and the kids. Ellie wasn't feeling too great so kept waking up (I think like 8 times!). And Owen has been waking up constantly. Hopefully tonight will be better. The doctor said we can go ahead and start Owen on rice cereal. There has been some debate of whether to start it at 4 or 6 months, but because Owen is so big and seems to be a little advanced in other motor skills, the doctor thinks he will do just fine with it. I just hope he is able to fill up a little more and can let me get a good night sleep!

I forgot to mention that Owen got his first haircut a week or two ago! Nothing drastic, we just trimmed up his little mullet. Below are the before and after pics. The before is on the left and the after is on the right. Owen also took his first shower with dad, but I won't include those pictures!



















No comments: