Thursday, June 28, 2007

Nursing Ogres

Tuesday night we had a delightful dinner with some friends. Daniel and I agreed that we will invite a family over for dinner once a month. This is going to help us be a bit more social. There are just a lot of people in our ward in our same situation so it is nice to get to know other people and be better friends. Besides babies crying, the dinner went off without a hitch. We had fajitas (at Daniel's request) and an Independence Day Trifle that was yummy-lish!
Yesterday there was a really bad storm that appeared to be coming our way, so Daniel opted to stay home for the day. Turned out we really didn't get the brunt of it, so it was sort of a waste. Lucky for him he has the option to stay home and is so flexible.
Today my friend Erin and I took each of our two kids (four total) to Sam's club. That was a nightmare. Our two oldest ones were running all around the store. We have decided in the future we will take the ones who can't walk only. After Sam's we went to Erin's house and, unfortunately, our kids were not playing very nicely together today. So, we didn't stay long. I think our kids were just really tired today. We are trying again tomorrow.
Now for some cute pictures of our babies:
Here is Owen playing with all of his toys. He really likes it when we bring out the whole basket and he can pick out what he wants to play with. Usually he takes something out, slobbers all over it, and then moves onto whatever is next.
Here are the kids playing in the tent. They were so cute. Owen, who is just starting to crawl, crawled right into the tent to play! They were in there for about 20 minutes or so playing. It was exciting because I have been looking forward to the time when they can play together.
Owen eating "food" in the tent.
Here is Ellie making faces on the window while Dad was mowing the lawn.
Pointing at the camera....only way I could get her to look at me for the picture.
Owen knows how to smile for the camera.
Here's Ellie working on a little project. She has a sticker book that she likes to take the stickers out of and put them on paper. It keeps her busy for like a half hour, totally worth it.
Owen standing (with help). We think he will stand in a month or so. He already gets up vertically on his knee and one foot.
Sweet girl... 50% of the time.

Yesterday I came into the bedroom and Daniel asked what the kids were doing, so I told him the truth, "Ellie is nursing Shrek and Owen has his apron on and is playing kitchen!" Ellie has really been into nursing her stuffed animals and dolls. She has a Shrek toy that she got in a McDonald's Happy Meal that has become a favorite to nurse. And Owen just loves all of the kitchen play food!!

Daniel is busy with his prelims... he just finished his 3rd draft. He is hoping that it will be the last draft. I have been busy getting some ideas together for a preschool meeting that is happening at our house next week. I have also been watching quite a bit of Wimbledon. I can't help it! I love watching Tennis! I am hoping that Roddick can make it all the way this time, but not too sure anyone can beat Federer, especially on grass.

1 comment:

Erin said...

You had me laughing out loud when I read about Ellie nursing and especially about Owen in his apron cooking! How cute!