Monday, March 03, 2008

Bow Making Update

As an update to my previous bow making post this is what has been going on with the bow making. First, I enjoy making the bows. I think it is fun to do and it is a nice hobby for me. However, I have realized that I am ok on the normal bows but I just cannot make them as intricate as some of these others I have bought. To show you what I mean, here are some pictures of ones that I have made (sorry if the pictures are a bit blurry, I think we are in need of a new camera here soon):


I usually do ones like these three above. The one-layer bows are pretty easy and I can do those alright. These are good for everyday bows that Ellie wears.This is my attempt at a multi-layered bow. It isn't bad but it is kind of flat. I think I really need to watch someone who knows what they are doing. The ones that I have ordered online are more loopier, plus if I order more than one they actually look the same. There is no way I could duplicate a bow exactly to make a pair for pig tails. Here are some that I have purchased online:


To me, the differences are pretty obvious... these just look much prettier and seem to be higher quality construction. So, I guess if anyone knows anyone that makes beautiful bows like these and would like to teach me, let me know! I just haven't been able to get it with these online instructions.


I can't get enough of all these pig tail bows... they look too cute in Ellie's hair. I wonder if it is really worth it to try and learn to make these bows since you can get them so cheaply on ebay or etsy, but like I said, it is pretty fun to try.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

You did a good job on the bows! They are really cute.
Oh and the things Ellie says are hilarious! I love that potty email too. I crack up every time I read it and am NOT excited for the day that is me.

Gina said...

I think you are a good bow maker! I'm impressed.