Saturday, March 29, 2008

New Camera--- YEEHAW!

I am happy to report that we bought a new camera today!! We are really excited about it seeing as our other camera was really starting to take horrible pictures. We loved our Sony camera that my aunt and uncle gave us when we got married and it lasted us almost 5 years, but it really was time to upgrade. That camera was 3.2 mega pixels and we just bought a new camera (at a conservative price) that has 8 mega pixels. Crazy.
Here is a picture of the box. The thing I love most about it is the big screen on the back. It is really easy to see the pictures compared to our other camera. The camera is a Kodak and I think we will be happy with it. It works really well and has everything we could want. We almost bought the 12 mega pixel camera but that was an extra 100 dollars that we decided would be more than we wanted to spend.
Here are a couple shots we took when we went out for lunch right after buying our camera.

Quick story: Owen and Ellie have had pretty bad colds this week. While at Chilis, Owen started hacking like crazy and I just knew he was going to throw up. So, like the mom I am, I just held my hand out and caught it. REALLY gross I know. It was pretty sick, but we were calm and just cleaned it up really fast and threw a new shirt on Owen (I now always bring a spare set of clothes with me for each kid... smartest thing I have ever done). I don't think anyone even saw... it was just one of those moments when I think to myself, "Man, I really am a mom. Only a mom would do THAT!"

And one of Ells outside---

And here is a short video of the kids with the new camera... they aren't doing much but it is only a minute long. Please excuse the bad camera work... we had only had the camera for like an hour and I wasn't sure what I was doing.

1 comment:

Carolee said...

I've been meaning to call you to see if your kids came down with a cold. They are sharing kids, because they gave it to me -- at least my guess is that I got it from them. I'm feeling really lousy -- fever and everything. But don't worry, I won't hold it against them. Seeing you all was worth it, though I'm dreading 26 hours of travel with this horrible cough and head congestion. Keep the pictures coming with the new camera -- those look great!