This weekend we went back home to Pflugerville for a couple days to check on the house. While we were up there we decided to switch rooms around for when we return for good in August. Owen moved from the crib to a regular bed, Maggie gets the crib and Ellie got a new twin sized bed. Elise and Maggie will be sharing a room and Owen has a room all to himself.
Here are some pictures of the finished bedrooms!:

Here's Ells and Mags new room. I have to pat myself on the back for Ellie's comforter because it matches Maggie's bedding perfectly!! I was so relieved when I saw how wonderfully it matched. You can't even tell they're different sets. The girls' room is pretty cramped, but we managed to fit it all-- bed, crib, changing table, dresser and rocking chair. I even set up all of their clothes for the upcoming school year (Ellie and Maggie's next size up clothes). Ellie has white hangers and Maggie has pink. Their closet is pretty full!

We still need to move some pictures around and put up a picture of Maggie and some letters spelling out Maggie's name. I am excited to get back home to finish it!

Here is Owen's room. Not as cute as the girls, but I am not done with it. The comforter I bought didn't match his quilt the way I wanted it to, so I am still on the hunt for the perfect comforter. I found it on the Pottery Barn Kids website but it was way expensive for me! For now, he will have to live with the blue down comforter that Daniel and I used to use. It looks fine though.

We also moved the bookcase that was in the playroom into Owen's room. The kids have too many books for the little one that used to be in Ellie's room (we have most of their books here in Houston!). Ignore the window covering, it is just a blanket to keep out those sunny summer evenings. We actually DO have window treatments underneath.

This picture is a little crummy, I think I must have had something on the lens.... anyway, Owen's dresser.
Those are the new rooms! We still need to get some boards to put under Owen's mattress as the mattress fell through the frame each night we were there. Besides that, he did fine sleeping in the bed. He was a little hard to put to sleep one night, but we'll work on that when we get back home. And Ellie loves her new bed!
3 comments:
Their rooms are soooo cute. Good luck with the girls sharing a room. I don't think you'll have the same problem we do since Mags is still so little. By the way, where did you get all the goodies (i.e. beds, spreads, etc.) for their rooms?
I just shopped Target and was lucky to find the perfect match!
I love the girls room! So cute. I need a girl next, I've decided. We're excited to have you guys back, too.
Post a Comment