Since Ellie starts school officially on Thursday, I decided that I am going to start potty training Owen. I am using this term loosely because it took about a year before Ellie really got it completely and she still has an occasional accident. But, since I have the time at home with just him, I am going to take advantage of it and start. Today we went to Target and got Ellie some new panties (they were starting to get inappropriate they were so small) and Owen some underwear.
While at Target he was excited about getting Choo Choo undies (Thomas the train), but not excited when I took off his diaper and put them on him. So, we are slowly transitioning and having him wear his underwear over his diaper for a couple days and then we will work on going from there. Not much you can do when your kid is afraid of his underwear.
Anyways, here are the kiddos showing off their new briefs!
Wish me luck in my new venture! I may be writing soon about how I give up and have decided to wait until he is 3... look for that upcoming post. :)


5 comments:
Good luck with the potty training! You'll have to share your knowledge and wisdom with me when your done! :)
You are such a brave mom! Dallin is absolutely terrified of the toilet. He won't get near it with out a diaper on. Good luck! Keep up the potty posts! I could always use some good ideas! It would be so nice not to have 3 in diapers!
Sounds like fun. I've been toying with the same thought for Jack. I'll see how things go for you first. Maybe I'll just wait until he's almost four and just figures it out on his own like Allie did. Good Luck!
Please let me know everthing you now about it. I just got Max some undies and a little potty. He stands over it everytime I take him to the bathroom to wash his bumb, but never can go. I don't want to push it though. I just thought I might get those things since he tells me when he has poo and wants to be changed.
Good luck!!!
My grandson is growing up so fast! He looks so handsome in his briefs. I hope he makes up his mind to use the indoor plumbing soon. You deserve a break.
Love,
Grandpa Weber
Post a Comment