I'm going to post a few pictures from my trip to the Netherlands last month in the hope that it inspires Erin to catch up on all the fun stuff the kids have done with Halloween, pumpkin painting, ear infections, etc. I stayed in Delft, which is minutes south of the Hague by train. It was nice, but I was there essentially by myself, and there's nothing more depressing than sight-seeing alone. It was rainy the whole time I was there, so I spent a lot of my free time in the hotel room watching Dutch TV. Good thing they broadcast a bunch of stuff in English with subtitles or I really would have been bored. As it was I caught up on reruns of "Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place."
The street my hotel was on.
The "new" church
The building on the other side of the town square from the "new" church
Proof that I was actually there and that I'm not particularly good at taking pictures of myself.
The "old" church. Supposedly the tower leans a little to the left. But you can't really see it in this picture.
The canals - there were little kids playing in those big plastic bubbles.
Street singing
Strange sculpture (a blue heart?)
The one nice weather day (afternoon really). You can see the leaning tower a little better in this picture.
A sculpture of a guy in front of the new church. I don't remember who he is though.
And that's it. I'm sure I'll get to go again, so I wasn't too sad that I didn't really do anything. Mostly I realized that two weeks is a long time to be away from Erin and the kids. So, no offense to the Dutch people, but I hope my next trip is shorter.
1 comment:
Looks like you saw about as much as I did when I was in the Hague. It rained a lot then too.
I'm glad you're back at home with my precious grandkids. I'll bet they missed you.
Post a Comment