It has been a pretty good week for us. To start off the week we took Ellie to the doctor for her 15 month appointment. 20 lbs. 8oz. -- She is in the 75th percentile in height but still only the 20th percentile for her weight. Not a huge surprise since I had noticed her sprouting up and also noticed that she still doesn't eat as much as other kids. I think she is doing better on the eating front though. She is at least sitting down and eating SOMETHING at each meal. It was a good visit to the pediatrician. It was the first time I have gone to the pediatrician with Ellie and not felt like a bad mother. Usually when I go they go through a list of things that I should have been doing for her and all the things that she should already be learning. However, this time Dr. Gritzka said she was ahead as far as 15 month progress!!! This was exciting for us. Elise knows and says more words than most 15 month old toddlers and she understands and responds to commands. This was exciting news for us. I guess we aren't terrible parents.
While we were at the pediatrician we got the details about what we needed to do to inform the pediatrician we were having another baby. Turns out we do nothing. We just tell the hospital who our pediatrician is and he comes on over to the hospital. He said he was there like all the time so he should see our baby, no problem.
Oooo... my favorite part of the week was our tour of the hospital. It was a pretty nice hospital. It has some nice amenities and I will have my own room which is much better than I had last time. Just seeing the hospital and what we will be doing and where we will be got me pretty excited and I decided I am ready to go!!! However, Owen is only 2/3 cooked so I have to wait a few months still. Bummer. It is especially a bummer since I have started having contractions. They really suck. They are really common in the third trimester so nothing to worry about but they are REALLY uncomfortable. I never had Braxton Hicks with Elise so this is just an added perk I guess.
Last night we babysat Ellie's little friend Ally. Her mom and dad are in the same situation that our family is in. He is a grad student, they are poor, they are expecting a son on Halloween, so pretty much the same situation. We decided to start switching off babysitting with them so we can each go on dates. It is fun because we will have some time alone and Ellie will have a play date. Ally was afraid of Daniel (apparently she has issues with men) and both Ellie and Ally were possessive over their sippy cups. Besides that it was just another Ellie around. We are also going to watch each other's kids when we each have our babies. We both have family within 3 hours of us so we needed someone to watch our daughters when we went into labor. It is a pretty good arrangement we have going I think.
Sunday, September 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment