The last week or so, I have been consumed with Princess Party planning. No, this wasn't a birthday party but just a princess party for Elise and 6 of her friends. It was a blast!!! I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I had some nice decorations as well... though I didn't think to take pictures of them... grr. Next time. Anyway, here is the party...
Here is the whole "royal court".
This is the table with the party favors and prize boxes. Each girl got a prize after winning a game. It was perfect because every girl got a prize.
Elise and Abby... current BFFs.
Abby's mom came over early to help me set up and then stayed to help with the party. Thank goodness!
First we decorated crowns (see counter) and then we played a 'stick Cinderella on her castle' game.
Elise taking her turn.
When each of the girls came in, they each got a magical wand from Ellie. Some of the girls are holding them in this picture. This was right before we played "pass the apple" (because Snow White ate a poisoned apple).
We also played BINGO and made sparkle princess play dough by adding glitter to the dough... they thought that was awesome.
Here the princesses are playing "princess says"... so, 3 year olds are not good at this game. They just don't get it. They all just laughed hysterically whenever I said, "princess didn't say!". Oh well, it was fun anyway. (You can kind of see the 'princess party' banner I made along with the fabric flag banner that I have swagged across the kitchen---- yeah, I'm trying to be crafty).
The girls didn't get it at first but just as we were running out of it, they got into the silly string.
We decided to decorate our Cinderella shoe, crown and princess dress sugar cookies with icing and sprinkles. The girls LOVED watching as we mixed the icing with food coloring gel to make the colors. They learned what colors make green and purple and pink.
Here is Elise decorating her cookies...she might be eating some of it too.
Overall, I thought my first party as a mom went great! The princesses all didn't want to leave so I feel like that meant success. The host princess had so much fun and is looking forward to the next party. I figure I can probably pull one of these off every six months or so. Elise is pretty luck to have so many great girlfriends that share in her love of all things princess.
Meanwhile, Daniel had a wonderful day with Owen and Maggie. He was happy to not be present during the party and was anxious to get Owen out of the house during the girlie festivities as well. They enjoyed the library, a long walk in the choo choo wagon and a lunch out. There may have been some eye rolling and other frustrated noises from Dan this week as I prepared for the party... I never do things small, so he is very patient with me.













6 comments:
That looks like SO much fun! I love to see those little 3-year olds in their princess outfits. It looks like they loved it all. I would have loved to see it.
What a great party idea! I love planning parties like that. The girls just had their first birthday and we did a butterfly themed party. I will post pics soon. Love the activities that you planed. They all must have had a blast!
Visit http://www.purpletrail.com for loads od doable party planning ideas and tips.
PurpleTrail is a great event management tool. Send your party invites online, manage rsvp. upload party photos and videos and much much more. Check it out.
What a memory-for-a-lifetime event you put on! I'm sure these 3 year olds will be talking about this for years to come. Well done!
I'm also relieved that Owen was not subjected to the full measure of princessness. It looked intense in the pictures. But I do wonder what would he have done with all of those princess shoes in one room.
Love,
Brent
That looks like such an awesome party! I hope someday I have a little girl so I can have princess parties! You did a great job!
Maybe I could do a train party??? :) Looks like they had lots of fun.
Post a Comment